While under quarantine in 2020, Peter Hilliard wrote ten hymn settings for cello and piano to be performed during filmed segments for virtual church services. In each expertly crafted arrangement, these beloved hymns are treated with reverence and invention, ranging from triumphant virtuosity to quiet contemplation. With titles spanning the church year, this collection provides preludes, postludes, and offertories for all seasons.
- A Mighty Fortress Is Our God
- All Creatures of Our God and King
- And Can It Be That I Should Gain?
- Christ the Lord Is Risen Today
- Jesus, Keep Me Near the Cross
- Jesus Paid It All
- O Sacred Head, Now Wounded
- Rejoice, the Lord Is King
- Softly and Tenderly Jesus Is Calling
- What Child Is This
Preview pages from the score and listen to sample recordings here.